Journal of Cold War Studies
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Books. Add to Wishlist. USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly.
Connect with Cold War International History Project
Overview Bollinger details the unwitting role that the U. About the Author Martin J.
- Freely available.
- The Verso Book of Dissent: From Spartacus to the Shoe-Thrower of Baghdad.
- Stalin's Slave Ships: Kolyma, the Gulag Fleet, and the Role of the West by Martin J. Bollinger?
- Prospects for Monetary Cooperation and Integration in East Asia!
- ISBN 13: 9780275981006!
- What we do.
Bollinger has been a management consultant in the aerospace and defense industry for more than twenty-five years. David Schimmelpenninck van der Oye Brock University author. David Schimmelpenninck van der Oye: Brock University: author.
Consider yourself in the role of the American President. Kolyma vessels have docked in your ports for Lend Lease operations. By to two things have become clear:. Recall also, Stalin and the Soviets at this point are allies and Lend-Lease has been a vital part of the war effort.
Pin on / Slave Trade
Do you authorize repair of the vessels? These vessels split time between slave transport and carrying Lend-Lease material. What do you do? What records might you leave regarding your decision?
Stalin's slave ships: Kolyma, the Gulag fleet, and the role of the West
Your email address will not be published. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail.
- Super Simple European Art. Fun and Easy Art from Around the World;
- Worlds Best True Ufo Stories?
- Formal Methods and Software Engineering: 18th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods, ICFEM 2016, Tokyo, Japan, November 14-18, 2016, Proceedings.
- Innovation and Ontologies: Structuring the Early Stages of Innovation Management.
You know from the book that there is no evidence anyone in the West thought the sale was intended for anything other than the conventional uses that all nations put cargo ships to. The ships appear to have been sold by those who one would normally expect to be selling cargo ships. Knowingly stating a fact that is false? I made a statement about culpability of the West in purchasing the ships.
In subsequent discussions on that, I discovered a book Slave Ships and read it. I discovered that the statement about the purchase as opposed to repairs was wrong. I wrote post in which the correct data was pointed out. And now, I am accused of lying.
Stalin's Slave Ships: Kolyma, the Gulag Fleet, and the Role of the West
Libraries Unlimited. Need Help? Try our Search Tips. Award Winner. Reviewed Content. Sale Title. Available for Course Adoption.
Lynn, Florida Guard Endorsements "Bollinger tells a fascinating tale about one of the more sordid chapters in the history of Stalin's forced labor empire. Nafziger, Mark W.